The Fibre Studio has put together Starting Point Wrap MKAL Kits for Joji Locatelli’s new Starting Point Wrap MKAL. Each kit contains five full-size skeins of Walkabout – Fingering, a 3-ply light fingering yarn with lovely stitch definition. Each skein weighs 4.0 oz | 113 g with approximately 490 yards of 100% SW Merino goodness. Our color kits (as pictured in grouped image) are: Cherokee (top left), Black to the Fuchsia (top center), Meteor (top right), Azure (bottom left), Mountaineer (bottom center), and Darkside of the Rainbow (bottom right).
The kit does not contain the pattern, which must currently be purchased via the designer’s Ravelry page.
From designer Joji Locatelli’s Ravelry Project Page:
Welcome to another rare mystery knit-along adventure with Joji. In the quest to knit this beautiful wrap (stole), we will have fun unveiling each clue while playing with color and texture. I wouldn’t want to make any knitter disappointed with the finished outcome, but the point of a Mystery Knit Along is not knowing what you’ll be making, there’s always that risk. Therefore, here are some facts about the wrap that will help you decide if you will like to embark on this project:
- The shape is a true rectangle. This wrap can be worn as a wrap, blanket scarf or even as a blanket.
- Approx. measurements are 26½ x 72” (66 x 180 cm) blocked.
- It has a graphic look, but it is still classic.
- You will need yarn in 5 colors and you will use up a lot of your yarn, so you need full skeins.
- The total approx. yardage is 1700 yards (1555 m). It is a BIG wrap. Please be aware of this.
- There will be 5 different clues, spread out over 5 weeks.
- It is good for all levels. There will be TV knitting and more engaged knitting. You will sure have fun.
- There is no brioche involved. There are no short rows either.
- There is a little bit of simple lace, about 10% of the total project.
- There is a lot of garter stitch.
We will be using 2 hashtags in social media: #jojimysterywrap and #startingpointmkal.
There are 5 clues to be revealed and they will be delivered weekly as follows:
clue 1 – May 12
clue 2 – May 19
clue 3 – May 26
clue 4 – June 2
clue 5 – June 9
Makers can find additional information on Joji Locatelli’s Ravelry Project Page.